K1 Fiancé Visa

K-1 Visa, also known as the K1 Fiancée Visa, may be used by United States citizens who wish to bring their prospective husbands or wives to the United States with the intention of getting married. Minor children of fiancées can also accompany them to the United States as they can be issued K-2 Visas. The U.S. citizen must file a petition with the USCIS on behalf of the foreign fiancé(e). After the petition is approved, the fiancé(e) can obtain a K-1 Fiancé Visa. The K-1 Visa is issued at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. The marriage must take place within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the United States. 

Fiancée and Fiancé Definition: Individuals for whom English is not a native language can sometimes get confused with the terms “Fiancée” and “Fiancé”. The K-1 Visa applies to both Fiancée and Fiancé of United States citizens.

  • Fiancée: A woman to whom a man is engaged to be married.
  • Fiancé: A man to whom a woman is engaged to be married.

To bring your fiancé(e) to your country you will need some type of visa for him/her. In the United States, the only entry visa available for the purpose of marriage is a fiancee visa (K1 visa). There is NO OTHER AMERICAN VISA available for marrying in the U.S.

Other types of visas for a fiancé(e) such as tourist, student or business visas are not suitable if your intention is marriage. If you marry your fiancé(e) visiting you on one of those visas, his/her legal status in the USA will be questionable, and s/he may be refused permanent resident status on the basis of visa fraud if the USCIS (former INS) believes his/her aim of visiting the United States was simply for marrying a US Citizen. Having worked in immigration for almost a decade we know such cases, as well as cases when women have arrived on student and tourist visas and were turned back by USCIS (former INS) representative’s right at the airport. Once a violation of visa regulation is recorded, it will be difficult if not impossible for the person to ever receive a K-1 visa or any other type of visa to the USA.


*The following are the requirements for the application of K1 Visa for your fiancée:

  • You must be a United States citizen.
  • Both you and your fiancé(e) must be free to marry.
  • You must have met your fiancé(e) in person within the previous two years, at least once.
  • You and your fiancé(e) must both have a serious intention to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s arrival in America.
  • You and your fiancée must have met certain minimum income requirements.
  • You must have sufficient income to qualify for the Affidavit of Support.
  • The government requires the petitioner to prove he has sufficient regular gross income to support the visa recipient so that s/he does not become a public charge (welfare recipient).

What we can do for you

We make sure the whole process sis made easy and simple for you. Our experts ensure that you understand the process and provide you a free consultation. The next step is to fill out the questionnaire that contains basic information related to the petition. Then we provide you a list of required documents. Our professionals are willing and ready to help you in filling the forms and gathering the documents.

Then the application is sent to the USCIS. Within a week of sending the application, you will receive a letter to acknowledge the receipt of documents. This is called Notice of Action 1. The USCIS will take up to 5 months to process the application. Once your petition is accepted. You will receive the Notice of Action 2 that states that your petition is approved.

The application is then transferred to National Visa Center. They take approximately 4 weeks to view and decide whether to approve or deny it. After this, your visa application is sent to US embassy in Bangkok. They will schedule an interview with your fiancé. In case any other documents are required, they must be translated into English, this is the task of our experts. We will help you prepare for the interview and assist your fiancé to the US embassy. After the interview, they decide to grant a visa or reject the application. With the help of our professionals, the risk of rejection is minimum.

The statement, “We do the work, not you,” means that all you and your fiancée have to do is provide us with information, documents, and photos. We complete all of the forms necessary for filing, assemble the petition package, submit it to the USCIS (formerly the “INS” and “BCIS”) and guide its progress to the successful completion and issuance of the visa. 

Moreover, another what we can do is provide our clients with free follow-on support after marriage to their foreign bride. If our firm obtains your US K-1 visa after you marry you should not need to hire an immigration attorney as long as we are still in the fiancée visa business. Similar free follow-on support is provided to those clients for whom we obtain a K-3 visa for the spouse. You do not want to have to deal with filing, US immigration laws or the USCIS without competent legal advice and direction.

Are you wondering why Sunbelt is the best? Here are some of the reasons that make Sunbelt the best.

Therefore, to get K1 fiancé visa of the US, you must take help from us as will assist you from the very beginning till the end. This is why Sunbelt is the best

Any foreigner working in Thailand must obtain a Work Permit before beginning work. While a prospective employer may file an application on the foreigner’s behalf in advance of his starting work, the actual Work Permit will not be issued until the foreigner has entered Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws and has presented himself to receive his Work Permit.

Newsletter Sign-Up

Get Business Listing and latest offers from Sunbelt Asia in your inbox.