Non-B Visa Application

If you are looking to set up a business or start working in Thailand and are not married to a Thai national then you will need to apply for a non-B visa. The list of documents looks daunting but Sunbelt Asia has the experience and expertise to make sure you have all of the required documents. It is important to note that Consulates may ask for further documentation that is not on the list.

There are several different categories of Non-B visas; non-B, the non – B-A (business approved) and the non-IB (investment). Here we will discuss the standard non-B visa which is for foreigners who wish to conduct business or work in Thailand.

For those who plan on working then you may need to show a work permit or work permit application and if you plan on entering Thailand to conduct business, or set one up, then you can do so without needing to show a work permit or application for a work permit (WP3). However, it is important to note that this is generally only available in your home country. If you apply in Asia then you will most likely need the WP3 (pre-approval of work permit).

Non-B for the Purpose of Conducting Business

For those looking to conduct business and do not plan on applying for a work permit right away, you will need the following documents to apply for the non-B


  • Passport or travel document with a validity of not less than 6 months.
  • Completed application form and two recent 4 x 6 cm photos.
  • Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family) for the duration of stay in Thailand (90 days is permitted)
  • Letter from the applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand.
  • Documents showing correspondence with business partners in Thailand.
  • Evidence of financial status in the case where the applicant is self-employed.
  • Letter of invitation from company in Thailand. That company will need to provide the following documents and those documents must be signed by the Board of Directors or authorized managing director with the company seal.
    1. Business registration and business license
    2. List of shareholders
    3. Company profile
    4. Details of business operation
    5. Map indicating location of the company
    6. Balance sheet, statement of income tax and business tax (por ngor dor 50 and por ngor dor 30) of the latest year
    7. Value-added tax registration (por por 20)

Remember, the Consular officer may request additional documents. Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated into Thai and notarized by a notary public or at the applicant’s consulate.

Non-B for the Purpose of Working

If you are currently residing in your home country, then you will need below the following list of documents. It is important to note that these requirements may vary and can depend on the consulate and even the consular officer, so double check ahead of time!


  • Original and Copy of passport valid for at least six months
  • Completed application form and two recent 4 x 6 cm photos
  • Letter of Acceptance for employment in Thailand
  • Employment contract signed by an authorized person. A copy of national ID or passport from that authorized person must be enclosed with the application.
  • Company registration documents, including list of shareholder names
  • Confirmed air ticket and accommodation in Thailand

If you are re-applying for a non-B and continue to work for the same organization then they will want to see your work permit, so if you are planning on returning to your home country and make a new non-B application be sure and bring your work permit with you.

There are some extra requirements for those wishing to teach, that include evidence of your educational qualifications such as diplomas or teaching certificates, the school license, list of shareholders and school profile, your resume or CV, and a police certificate may be required showing that you have no criminal record.

However, if you are already in Thailand and will be applying in the region then the Consulate will also want to see the WP3, which is the pre-approval of your work permit. Sunbelt Asia can make sure you have this important document beforehand so that your visa process is smooth.

Newsletter Sign-Up

Get Business Listing and latest offers from Sunbelt Asia in your inbox.